Friday 1 January 2010

New Years Day 2010

Happy New Year to you all. We begun this New Years Day down in Devon with our daughter and her family. They live near the sea so we went for a lovely walk this morning....the sun shone and as Devon is in the south west of the UK it is usually warmer in the winter months than most parts of the country. Later, after lunch we drove back up to Hertfordshire and watched the thermometer drop as we travelled back up country. Thankfully the snow had all cleared while we were away. The house is all quiet after the busyness of the Christmas holiday and we will miss having our Grandchildren coming into our bed in the morning for snacks and a story. I look forward to getting back into some patchwork again, it seems a long time ago that I did any as I have spent the past couple of months making Christmas presents for my children and neices and nephews. I also look forward to all that God has planned for us and our family and seeing Him move in the lives of those who we know and love.










3 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

I consider it a privilege that you share these lovely landscape and family pictures of a land I have never seen. It is so interesting to me, and I enjoy all that you share. Yes, the house is quiet now that the holidays are over, and yet I look forward to getting back into my projects also.

Happy New Year!

Terri said...

Your beach pictures are beautiful...I found myself linking here from "Just a little something from Judy"...amazing how quickly you can wander across the ocean and feel like it's just next door! Happy New year to you way over there!

Terri said...

Thank you, Lindsey! I enjoyed my tour of your daughters blogs. Your grandchildren are all BEAUTIFUL! I love that this little machine connects us across the miles! Blessings...