Monday 23 December 2013



christmas animated photo: christmas animated_christmas_tree.gif

I am sure this will be the last opportunity that I have to blog before Christmas Day. Part of the family arrive today, some more tomorrow and of course some will be staying in South Africa.
This year brings the normal excitement tinged with some sadness...the first Christmas without my Mother. We were remembering two Christmases ago when we rented a lovely little cottage down in Devon near the sea, we had Mum with us and some of our kids. We were staying near our daughter and her family and so had a great time together. This was probably Mum's last time of really remembering what Christmas is all about and I am thankful that we have those memories to add to our very many happy memories of a wonderful mother and grandmother.

I am thankful to for all your great blogs that I love to visit and of course for your visits to mine. 
Have a blessed and peaceful Christmas and New Year   

2 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

May fond memories and family togetherness bring you peace and joy. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Mothers play such big roles in our Christmas memories. Thankful you hold the treasured memories of your dear mother in your heart.

I am blessed by you and your friendship too.