Thursday 18 July 2013

special places

I haven't anything made and not already shown so I thought I would post some photo's of a couple of my favourite places. 
The first three photos are taken as we were driving back across Dartmoor after leaving my Mothers house for the last time and on our last visit before she died. I'm not sure when I will feel up for driving across Dartmoor again. But we have so many happy memories of visiting with our children when they were young and older, also with our grandchildren. Taking my Mum for picnics, the children paddling in the rivers and lovely walks up the tors. 




Today I went our to Pitstone Windmill which is just a short drive from where we live....I have posted the windmill before, I love going at different times of the year. The sun isn't shining today but it is still VERY hot. The wheat fields surrounding the windmill are beautiful, the colours shine in the sunlight. I tried to snap a photo of the very pretty butterfly, but he would only open is wings after I had clicked.











God's creation never ceases to amaze me.

3 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

Wow! You captured God's world so beautifully! The one of the butterfly on the flower and the wheat in the sun, are amazing!

I understand not wanting to drive roads and places that remind you of your dear mother. It might be painful for you.

Peggy said...

What lovely pictures, and perfect reminder of God's creativity, which of course outshines any of us. How I'd love to visit a real windmill - looks like such an idyllic place!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Delightful photos. Those very same Scotch thistles grow as weeds here in Australia too.