Sunday 19 February 2012

Liberty Fabrics


I love Liberty, I love going into London to visit the store and I love what they sell...albeit a little expensive. Over the years I have collected quite a stash of Liberty cotton lawn. Lawn is a plain weave textile originally of linen but now chiefly cotton. It is designed using fine, high count yarns, which results in a silky, untextured feel. It is really good to work with.
I have some that is already cut into squares that I have been given and some in larger pieces that I have picked up at charity shops and when reduced in fabric shops. I plan on making myself a Liberty quilt at some point in the not too distant future :)

3 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh check out Jo's 20% off if you need more!
http://lifeinlists.typepad.com/blog/2012/02/liberty-print-sale.html

Annabelle said...

Love the pic - it looks so floaty and romantic - far too precious to be hidden in a bedroom. xx

Just a little something from Judy said...

I definitely would be drawn to this fabric. The colors and designs are just what I would choose, although I never heard of Liberty fabrics. Please do share if and when you make your quilt.