Tuesday 18 October 2011

When the going gets tough.....


My daughter below, has always been an outdoor, camp fire kinda girl so when her cooker stopped working a couple of weeks ago she turned to the garden. They live on a very tight budget and have chickens and grow mushrooms. They are hoping to grow more vegetables in the future. My daughter loves to cook and bake..hopefully she will have her oven repaired soon.

with one of he orphans that they help support in Kwa Zulu Natal

 Mushroom Stroganoff was on the menu this week


6 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Roast chicken?
My sister and brother in law had to live off BBQ for 8 weeks when they had their kitchen renovated during a NZ winter!!

lindsey said...

She's not keen on the idea of eating the chickens. I have suggested it :)

Needled Mom said...

That is one BIG mushroom!!!! Where there is a will, there is a way.

Just a little something from Judy said...

You raised a special, caring daughter. I admire where she is and what she gives to help others, even without an oven. I would love to hear what goes into mushroom stroganoff.

Val said...

Wow. What a sacrifice she gives with her life. I am sitting here wanting something to eat and thinking to myself how I wish I had some popcorn or something. This posts makes me so thankful. Praying she will get her oven fixed soon. Do they have potatoes? You can make so much with just potatoes.

corners of my life said...

Kwa Zulu Natal?
Sounds so very far away!
Your daughter is a cutie.