Tuesday 25 May 2010

Friends

Today I met up with a friend who I hadn't seen or spoken to (apart from email) for 37 years!!! When we were children she went to boarding school here in the UK while her parents worked abroad. During the shorter school holidays she would stay with mutual family friends of ours and we would spend lots of happy times together. When I was 16 my family moved to Cornwall (about 5 hours drive away) and later she moved to Canada and we didnt see each other again, losing contact soon after. We have now moved back up to near where I grew up and closer to those mutual friends. She has come for a visit to the UK and today we all got together. We spent the afternoon talking and laughing and taking photos. Since we lost contact we have both become Christians and it has been so amazing that God has brought us back together again.

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

How wonderfully exciting to meet up again and reconnect! I am sure there was a lot to catch up with.

Loved your pictures of your outing. The scenes from the Borough Market are just spectacular.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Being united after many years, and discovering that you are both now believers, must be so thrilling. Your beautiful happy smiles show the joy that must have been part of your visit. I am sure you never ran out of things to talk about.