Friday 28 May 2010

Baby Quilts

I decided to get on with the baby quilts that I am making for a couple in our church who are expecting twins any day. They dont know the sex of the babies and so I am planning on using a stencil to put hearts around the cream border and quilt them in either pink or blue after they are born. We started the day with a walk in te country followed by coffee and cake, with friends.




I had already cut out the squares so I began with jointing these up. I have a number of baby quilts to get done and so cose a simple pattern of 5x5 6" squares




I then added the cream border and mitred the corners by drawing a 45 degree line from the corner on one side of the border then on the other side


I then pinned the layers

stitched them together along the line and trimmed the fabric





The quilt tops are now ready to put together with wadding and backing and then quilted

No comments: