Wednesday 26 August 2009

We have just got back from our holiday, we had a great time, beginning in Wales for 4 days with our daughter and her family. Wales was beautiful, we stayed in a cabin, went in the sea (which was very cold) and did some sight seeing. We then went down to Devon to stay with them for a further week before taking my Mum away to the North Devon/Cornwall border. The weather wasn't too good but we had some trips to the beach, visited a couple of National Trust houses,and ate loads of food! Our children have a beit of a mixed heritage...my husband was born in London but his father's side are from Cornwall and his mothers from Ireland. I was born in Surrey but my maternal grandparents were from Wales and Yorkshire and my paternal grandparents both from Lancashire. Three of our children were born in Cornwall and one in Devon.
The view from our cabin
Amy & Andy on their anniversary

Primrose & Maggie building






Cardigan, Wales

Getting ready for a bit of surfing, Bantham Beach, Devon



Burgh Island from Bantham








2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

What beautiful pictures. I am so glad that you had such a nice trip with family, but sorry that it was a little cool.

We lived in Epsom, Surrey when my husband was working in London and enjoyed our time there.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I am so glad that you are back into the blogging world. You were missed. But, what lovely, beautiful pictures you brought back with you!! Love seeing pictures of places I have only dreamed of visiting. I will be looking at these again because I enjoyed them so much! Good looking family that you have! The little one on the surf board could win some awards. The scenery is outstanding. Thank you for sharing all of these with us.