Friday 14 August 2009

Vintage Shirt

My eldest son bought this vintage patchwork shirt in a charity shop and asked me to turn it into a cushion for his flat in London....I quite liked it as a shirt but it was too big for him so a bought a cushion pad and cut out the body piece from the shirt. I managed to use the button and button hole strips as the opening and I incorporated the pocket as a feature. The shirt had obviously been washed lots and so the fabric is pretty limp and not so 'crisp' as it would have been but I was pleased with the finished result and am sure it will look nice on his sofa.




5 comments:

Judy said...

A fine pillow it is! And I like your header.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Great idea! I would not have thought to make a pillow out of this shirt, but I like how it looks, and I bet it would be comfortable to rest on.

Needled Mom said...

Quite clever!

Vashti said...

welldone mum!

Vashti said...

haha...just realised that "Welldone" isnt a word! But infact 2 words! That English A level does come in helpful some times....still think wood work would have been more useful!