Sunday 7 December 2014

Liberty Quilt

Back in 2012 I wrote this post http://finelinenandpurple.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=Liberty
Well two years later I have finally finished my Liberty quilt. I will add, I haven't been making it all that time, I collected fabric and began making it earlier this year :)

I had also been given some pre cut squares, in two different sizes, so I joined those squares then made triangles and rectangles, backing the quilt with a sheet that my mother bought for my bed when I was 16 (obviously good quality to last all these years!) I hand quilted around each square, triangle etc and  then made bias binding from Liberty fabric, using one of those little gadgets which I had never used before but worked pretty well. All in all I am very happy with the outcome, I do love Liberty. 

We have just spent a few days over at our cottage in Wales and I took the quilt over to put on our bed there.
The weather was pretty chilly, the cottage is in Mid Wales and we are told that is the coldest area in Wales but with the heating on and the wood burner going we were pretty snug. 

And as you can see Molly enjoyed the quilt too

                                    

                                     

                                      

                                      

                                       




3 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, it is beautiful! And, it looks just perfect on the bed! How snug and warm and so sweet that you had the sheet from your childhood to use for the backing. You have created an heirloom!

Amy at love made my home said...

It is beautiful and looks lovely on your bed! Congratulations on making something so pretty and useful too! xx

Just a little something from Judy said...

What a gorgeous creation! The perfect centerpiece for your room, providing a cozy, inviting look to it! What a treasure!