Wednesday 16 July 2014

Knitting

Both my daughters like me to knit dishcloths for them. They can also be used as face flannels. For the plain cloths in this pile I have used Sirdar Sinply Recycle yarn, this is made mostly from recycled cotton with some acrylic added and knits up really nicely. 


                                  

This little baby hat was made in Debbie Bliss Eco baby fair trade organic cotton yarn again this also knits beautifully. For this hat as well as the baby jacket in my previous post, I used patterns from the book below. It contains some lovely baby patterns and I plan on making some more hats using the recycled yarn in the bottom photo. I also have a fair bit of quilting to get on with, but hand quilting in warm weather isn't great! So I think I will stick to knitting for now :)

                             

                                   

                                   



4 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

You have been busy!! xx

lindsey said...

Thank you Amy...I made them while watching Wimbledon so I was able to justify sitting down all that time :)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Adorable hat and very lovely cloths. You must be a fast knitter to accomplish so much :)

Just a little something from Judy said...

I can't imagine how fast you must be in the knitting department. You make it look so easy, and yet so well done. Better than boutique pieces. I especially like the green hat:)