Monday 2 June 2014

Cushions

I've been getting on with some sewing the last couple of weeks. We had taken the cushions from our Ercol sofa, over to our cottage as they are made from vintage woollen blankets and I though they were more suited to a cottage. I bought some lovely big cushion Inners and looked through my fabric stash to see what I had that would suit our ercol furniture. The fabric I chose was  a curtain sample made of green Sanderson fabric. This was already made up into a rectangular, lined curtain just the right size to fold over and make a simple cover with no fastening just an envelope style fold over at the back.


                                     
For the second cushion I used a couple of pieces of Daisy Chain by Jonelle Duracolour which I made into the same style cover as the other. The quality of both these fabrics is lovely and great to sew with and all the better as I had picked up both pieces in charity shops :)

                                     

                            

5 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Love!

Amy at love made my home said...

Lovely cushions, and I love your sofa!! xx

Needled Mom said...

They look beautiful.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hello, dear friend... how nice to find a moment to stop by and visit with you. I am always impressed by your sewing projects and this one is just a lovely. It all looks so inviting. I am very excited for you about your holiday cottage and reading about your plans. Looking forward to more photos!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Your sofa now looks most inviting! I only wish we could sit and visit on it, and maybe drink our hot coffee and tea. Wouldn't that be fun?