Sunday 12 May 2013

I cant think of a title



I found this photo on my son in laws blog and posted it because it made me smile. We have had a sad few days. My Mother gradually deteriorated last week and so on Thursday I drove the 4 hours down to Devon praying that angels would cover my registration plate as I sped through the countryside. 
I arrived at my mothers care home, my daughter, brother and most of his family were gathered around her bed while she slept, she had been asleep since the day before. We spent the afternoon quietly chatting, praying and crying. We older ones remarked afterwards just how precious our time had been with our children and our Mother. They amazed us with how they handled their grief and also cared for us, their parents. Even our children who weren't able to be with us were messaging us throughout the day checking we were OK.
The young parents gradually left as they went to collect their children from school, each one whispering goodbye to Grandma and telling her they loved her. My brother and his wife left a few hours later leaving me alone with my Mum. I held her hand, telling her I loved her, reminding her that she was the best Mum ever, reading scripture to her and praying until Jesus took her hand and gently led her to be with her beloved husband and heavenly Father. We have so much to thank God for, He completely undertook in every way. I cant go into all the details but His timing in all that happened was a blessing to us all. 

5 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

As you know, my love and thoughts are with you all xxx

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, dear friend, though you rejoice knowing your mum is with the Father, I pray for you all in your loss.

Sincerely, Lorraine

the linen cloud said...

So sorry for your loss ... so glad you could be with your Mum ... thinking of you and your family at this sad time ... Bee xx

Peggy said...

So sorry to hear this news - your mum will surely be missed by all of you. Praying for the peace in your hearts as you rest in God's loving embrace right now.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I can't believe how much I missed by not being able to visit your blog for the last few days. I am so sorry to hear about all that you have been through lately. What a blessing for you to have had the privilege of saying good bye in person to your dear, sweet mother. My heart hurts for you though. I am sure you will miss her so much. I will remember you in my prayers whenever God brings you to mind.