Saturday 23 March 2013

home again

We have just arrived home from our week's sabbatical, we had a good time and feel ready for the next step :)

Last year I bought a dress pattern from Merchant & Mills  The dress was easy to make and turned out well. While looking through Pinterest a couple of weeks back I came across a really nice blog
harmonyandrosie.blogspot.com the blog author Kate lives in Canada and had made a dress from M&M...her dress is the final photo below. So I looked on the M&M website and found they have opened a shop in Rye which isn't far from where we stayed last week. We always plan a couple of days out and so visited the shop. Its great, they make up each dress design and size in calico for shoppers to try on before buying the pattern and fabric. I loved the style of this shirt dress and decided to buy the pattern and enough fabric to make a shorter version to wear with jeans. The fabric is organic cotton, I have just popped it in the wash to allow for shrinkage and will hopefully get it made next week :)

Now to read through your blogs to see what I have missed out on while away.





The Dress Shirt Pattern

merchant & mills pattern

5 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oooh I like the look of that dress; I might need to head along the coast! xxx

the linen cloud said...

Really lovely Lindsey ... glad to hear you enjoyed your week away ... Bee xx

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Happy to hear you enjoyed your time away! Lovely pattern and dress :)

Peggy said...

Welcome home, glad to hear you had a good, relaxing time!

Michelle said...

I am looking at their site right now. I love that dress!