Monday 1 October 2012

finally finished


I have finally finished a quilt that I have been making on and off for a few years. This one is for me. It isn't huge and I have made it to use in our lounge, to hang over the Ercol sofa which is nearly finished. Its all down to me now, when I can find foam at a good price and able to be cut to shape, I will get the cushions made. But it is now being used with the original cushions and a throw to cover them. 
This quilt is made from single log cabin blocks, backed with a vintage bed sheet and hand quilted in brown thread. 
I am happy with the finished product. Most of the fabric was bought years ago whilst visiting New York. 




6 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Worth the wait. A cozy finish. I love the surprise on the back. :o)

Peggy said...

Wonderful quilt - looks so cozy!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Well done on the long haul.
That backing sheet is fantastic!

Needled Mom said...

It looks amazing!!!! I love the backing fabric too.

Judy said...

So beautiful! I love the colours...and the backing too.

Just a little something from Judy said...

The colors of this quilt and the way you coordinated the back side, is beautiful! I think it add the perfect touch to any room. Great job!