Monday 9 July 2012

Breast Feeding Cover

When my daughter had her twins she bought a breast feeding cover which she found invaluable,especially as to begin with she fed them both together. I thought I would have a go at making these covers for my etsy shop and began with this one for a new mum at church. She asked for stripes and I bought 100% cotton ticking fabric in navy. I pre washed it and it didn't shrink. It was a good price and lovely to sew with. I used 'boning' to make the top edge stand away from mum so she can peep down at baby while she is feeding. I made a towelling pocket on the inside corner to store breast pads and used D rings for fastening the straps.  








4 comments:

Judy said...

Brilliant. And what a beautiful job you did!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Very clever! Two at the same time, I tried once but couldn't stop laughing!

Annabelle said...

Lovely idea - I have seen Mums using them in John Lewis cafe. Saves a few blushes (my husbands mostly!)

Just a little something from Judy said...

My three neices would love this pattern. What a great job you did! The ones they have are made with a different pattern, but I know they would like this one.