Tuesday 15 February 2011

Quilts for new Grandson

Some time back my daughter sent me the link to a quilt she wanted me to make for her new baby, it was made of natural coloured linen and quilted with embroidery silks, just making small crosses in different colours spead across the linen fabric. Its quite an old fashioned design and the photo's dont really capture it too well. I also wanted to make him a patchwork quilt which is picured after the linen quilt and I mentioned in my last post. I never really know how to bind quilts well so I went on you tube and found a good clip and I am pleased with the outcome
This is the link for the You Tube clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buCKs-Fgvb4












In the two following photo's he is wrapped in one of the quilts that I made for the twins


Below he is lying on the linen quilt

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love the colored ties that you used on the quilt. I'll bet it feels fabulous too. I can bet that it will be a well used quilt.

He is such a sweet bundle all wrapped up in the twin's quilt.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

All lovely - the linen is so simple and effective.