Wednesday 8 March 2017

Quilted Cushions

I've been making quilts for years, having done a few courses back in the early 90's. Recently I started a City & Guilds in Patchwork & Quilting, although over the years I have picked up much of the basics, I thought that to do a qualification would help me in the future if I decide to teach the subject. With the C & G I have to carry out the work and then post it all on a blog for grading. If you would like to look at the work I've been doing you can see it at www.lindseytomsquilts.wordpress.com

I am also thinking about trying to sell my quilts etc on line. I have had an etsy shop in the past, selling children's clothes,but although I sold some items, I just didnt have the time to promote it and found that others were selling similar items on etsy at much lower prices. 
At the moment I am trying to build up a number of items which I think may sell on a website, when I get around to setting one up.
Here is one of the cushions that I have made, I love the 'flying geese' design for quilts and I also love plains and Liberty fabrics.
I quilted this cushion with a Sashiko style stitching using a very fine crochet thread.
  





1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

Wow, Lindsey. That looks awesome. I love the stitching lines on it too. I hope your new venture takes off.