Saturday 20 March 2010

V & A Quilt Exhibition

We had a great day today, we went into London to meet up with our son who suggested we go for a look around the Victoria & Albert Museum. I remembered seeing on Make Do and MendQuilts that the quilting exhibition was on. We were given some free passes which was an added bonus. Below are photo's of some of the quilts. I took them of postcards that I bought so they are a bit shiny. We then went on to Wholefoods for lunch!


Winter/Male Hanging. Hand pieced by Jo Budd 2010

Bedcover England 1860-70

Liberty Jack Quilt. Janey Forgan 2008

Cot cover. Priscilla Redding (1654-1723)

Some Liberty fabric and bias binding that I bought myself at the exhibition


My daughter gave me a Clothkits voucher for Mothers Day and I bought this Liberty bias binding on a wooden reel and ribbon

1 comment:

Judy said...

Looks like a fine place to spend some time...and get inspired.

I look forward to seeing what make with your purchases!