Saturday 4 April 2009

Preach Good News to the Poor


'The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted,
to proclaim freedom to the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favour
and the day of vengeance of our Lord,
to comfort those who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion-
to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning
and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendour'
Isaiah 61:1-3

The above verses of scripture were spoken over my eldest daughter a number of times before she went out on the mission field. When we were visiting them in 2007 we drove past a huge squatter camp in the outskirts of Durban, she pointed to it and said that is where I want to do Sunday School. They have their own ministry that supports children orphaned through HIV/Aids and also run Metro Durban which is a branch of Metro Ministries, based in New York. Above is a photo that she took today when they visited the squatter camp and did Sunday School.

4 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

Thank God for giving, caring, and called people like your daughter. Wherever God has each of us, and whatever He has for us to do, is so very special. But, for people like your daughter I think it is so amazing, and so rewarding. Thank you for sharing that today. Thank you also Lindsay for the kind comment you made on my blog.

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing your daughter's 'mission' with us. My prayer is that God will continue to use and bless her in this wonderful work.

Nanny Ree said...

Thank-you for stopping by my blog & your sweet comments. I hope you don't mind but I will add you to my list of blogs to visit. Marie x

Nanny Ree said...

P.s. your little granddaughters & grandsons are adorable. I love the little skirts & pants you made for them they will be so cute!! Marie x