Sunday 15 February 2009

The Father's Love


Yesterday we had out Ladies Breakfast at church, it was a great time with a valentines theme. Pink flowers and table decorations and lovely heart shaped chocolate and shortbread biscuites to take home. The ladies asked me to speak so I decided to share my testimony of my relationship with my natural father, how I lost him together with my Grandmother in a car accident when I was 23 and how I came to know God as my heavenly Father. I was already a Christian when my father died but because my father was such a great Dad I never really knew God as my father until after he had died. I explained that some people may find knowing God as a father difficult because they had not had a good relationship with their natural father. But 'God chose us before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in Hi sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons/daughters through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will.' Ephesians 1:4-5 and one of my favourite verses says

'He is mighty to save, He will take great delight in You, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17

And so as the day was the day for celebrating love we rejoiced in the wonderful love of God out Father

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful post and I am sure that your speech was just as inspiring.

Alice Grace said...

How wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father is always there for us, patiently waiting. I would have loved to hear you speak.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Lindsey, I cannot tell you how thankful I am that you visited my blog and commented, so that I could visit your blog. I have so enjoyed reading it! I lost my earthly father too...suddenly and without any warning, he died of a blood clot to the main artery of his heart. I appreciated so much what you shared with the women at your brunch. The verse from Zephaniah is one of my very favorites. I wish I could have been there to have heard you speak.